Slide Show


Saturday, October 17, 2009

Psalms 37:4

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I have been meditating on this verse of scripture for some times. My question has been, "What does "delight yourself in the Lord" look like?

Websters puts it like this:
1 : a high degree of gratification : joy; also : extreme satisfaction
2 : something that gives great pleasure
3 archaic : the power of affording pleasure

Life Application Bible says, "The knowledge of God's great love for us will indeed give us delight. It is great pleasure and joy in His Presence."

Do I take great pleasure and joy in God's presence? Am I joyful and do I have extreme satisfaction.

What is your definition of "delight"? Do we expect God to give us the desire of our heart, ie answer our prayers unless we are delighting in Him.?

What do you think?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I think I need to exemplify more delight in the Lord. Agree? Yep..I've been gnawing the bone and asking for that bone to be thrown away. But I haven't been demonstrating any delight or assurance that the bone would be buried. Well, guess what? In His mercy and compassion, the bone has been moved...not buried but "inched closer to its burial place". We're all waiting for the final service to say goodbye.

Wilma, anyone who reads this will be assured you have an idiot for a friend. But as long as you understand, what does it matter? Love you, Girl Friend!

wilma said...

Jackie, I love you...and pray we all can stop the gnawing and start delighting. The video tonight made up for the lessons this week. Glad I made the effort.