Slide Show


Saturday, November 8, 2008

Update

Great article on praying for our President elect Barack Obama here.. these are my sentiments exactly. Got this over at my friend Jackie's blog.
The campaign is over and we have a new President so it is time to get on with life.

I am still trying to get over my sciatica problem. I finally got the results of the MRI and I have a small herniated disc in my lower back. Don't know when or how that happened but it is there so I am dealing with it. I have been on muscle relaxers and lots of ibuprofen and have had 3 body massages. The muscles in my left leg and thigh were in knots and the therapist has tried to work them out. I could tell after the first visit to the therapist that this was going to help. I did work on Wednesday and Thursday but had a scaled down schedule. Research on the internet says I can expect 4 to 6 weeks recovery.

I thought I would share my friend Cindy's Coleslaw Recipe for my cousin Mary Faye. She is a collector of good recipes and I know she reads this blog. We have a fund raiser for our little town once a year called "Taste of Munday". One of the local men who makes the best barbecue will do brisket and sausage and the women in town provide the side dishes and deserts. My friend Cindy brings this cole slaw to our church dinners and I love it and even Bud who isn't much on unusual dishes or vegetables like it so here it is for those who would like to try something different.

Cindy's Coleslaw

5 cups shredded cabbage (I use 1 bag of mix)
1/2 cup toasted almonds (I use pecans because we have a lot in our freezer)
1 and 1/2 cups dried cranberries (crasins)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped green onions including green part
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
DRESSING:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 T. sweet pickle relish
1 T. Honey mustard
1 T. Honey
1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper taste

Do not add the pecans or dressing until you are ready to serve or it gets soggy. It is better to make it all ahead of time and add dressing and pecans just before serving.

I doubled the receipe for the lunch tomorrow and Cindy usually doubles it for church meals because it is good and goes fast. Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I am testament that Aunt Faye not only collects recipes ... she is one of the world's greatest cooks...When i was a student and lived in Dallas I went to her house almost weekly as a guinea pig for new recipes...so Faye i think I will come out to Tennessee to try this new one!

Glad to hear you are better Wilma...praying for you!

Ron